Frequently Asked Questions

What is Licence Translation?

Licence Translation provides NAATI Certified driver’s licence translations from all languages into English to allow you to legally drive in Australia.

Why should I have my driver’s licence translated into English?

If you have come from overseas to Australia on a holiday and you would like to drive legally in Australia, you will need an appropriate driver’s licence that is in English. You will also need a driver’s licence in English if you would like to rent a car or other motor vehicle.

If your licence is not in English, you can simply have your driver’s licence translated into English by a NAATI accredited translator. We provide this service and can have this completed for quickly and at a very good price.

What languages can you translate from?

Our NAATI accredited translators are able to translate from any language into English. Our most common driver’s licence translation requests include Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Malay, Indonesian,  Japanese and Arabic.

How quickly can you translate my driver’s licence into English?

We have different options available. For some languages, we can translate your driver’s licence into English in under 24 hours.

How much will it cost to translate my driver’s licence?

We have different pricing options available depending on how quickly you need your driver’s licence and what language your licence is in. Our prices start from only AUD $69.

What do I need to do to translate my licence?

Simply choose your language above and follow the steps. You will be asked to provide a scan or photo of your licence. You can make payment online using Paypal or credit card.

How will I receive the translation of my driver’s licence?

You will receive a digital copy of your driver’s licence translation with the translators NAATI certification. You can also order a hard copy to be posted to you in the mail by Regular Post or Express Post (additional postage and handling fee applies).

Can I use my driver’s licence translation to drive in Australia?

Yes – if you are here on a temporary visa, you are able to use the translation of your licence to drive legally in Australia (subject to each State and Territory’s individual legislation).

If you are here on a permanent visa, you will need to obtain the relevant state of territory’s licence. You can use the English translation we provide as proof of your licence from overseas.